Learn how to design and implement a succession plan that will safeguard your child's future when you are no longer able to take care of their needs.
Succession Planning - Safeguarding The Future
Achieve Peace of Mind
This course is designed to guide you through a number of processes that allow you to explore the best options for your child in terms of how and where they live, who supports them and how they can be safeguarded.
Build a Vision for What's Possible
Explore and build a vision that focuses on strategies and safeguards to provide continuity of lifestyle and support when you’re not there.
Find the Right People to Help
Connect to others and build a network of formal and informal support that understand your vision and are committed to helping your loved one live their best life.
Design Your Succession Plan
Welcome to ‘Succession Planning – Safeguarding The Future’
- What is Succession Planning
- How to make sure they’ll be ok when you’re not there
- No one knows how to care for them like you do
- The Key Components
- Important Questions to Ask Yourself
- The Key Elements to Succession Planning
- What’s Important to the Individual
- What are the Elements of a Typical Life
- Living a Meaningful and Productive Life
- Thinking Differently and Expanding What’s Possible
- Dreams Involve Taking Risks
- What is Negotiable and Non-Negotiable
- Writing a Vision Statement
- The Strategy for a Whole Life Approach
- Explore Each Aspect of Life
- Get Clear About the Details
- Research Options and Decide Who’s Going to Help
- Why Should You Involve Others
- Start with Who’s in Your Life Now
- What if there is No-One Available?
- The Issue of Siblings
- How to Involve Other People
- What is a Circle of Support?
- What is a Microboard?
- Where, Who With, How?
- Accommodation Options
- NDIS Funded Options
- How to Secure Financial Stability
- What is a Financial Administrator?
- What is QCAT?
- Setting up Formal Structures
- Understanding Capacity and Legal Capacity
- Power of Attorney (POA)
- Estate Planning
- Making a Will
- Trusts and Trustees
- Statement of Wishes
- Superannuation Assets
- Statutory Health Attorney
- Continuity of Lifestyle
- Documenting Personal Information
- Draft Lesson
- Compiling a Document of Personal Information
- Make A Start & Get Support
The Art of Succession Planning
Compile the Right Information
Capture your knowledge and expertise to present to the people that will be responsible for ongoing development and support.
Build The Vision
Explore the home, living, social and support options that will allow your loved one to sustain their quality of life.
Design The Plan
Document your vision and set up the future with clear guidelines, resources, finances and legal arrangements.